The new radial pressure wave system MASTERPULS® ONE has been developed with a clear focus on maximum ease of use, compact design, high efficiency and perfect mobility.
The MASTERPULS® ONE is ideal for use as a compact and flexible pressure wave starter model for the treatment of all standard indications.
- Ideal starter model or add-on
- Easy to use and versatile in the application
- Best »shock wave therapy companion«, even outside the therapist’s office
- Dimensions: 289 x 238 x 310 mm
- Weight: 9.8 kg
- 6 energy levels: 6 – 18 Hz / max. 2.7 bareff
The SPARROW® handpiece of the MASTERPULS® ONE
Kinetic energy is introduced into the target area inside the patient’s body as the compressed air-powered projectile strikes the elastically suspended transmitter. The pressure waves produced in this manner propagate across large tissue areas.
The newly developed SPARROW® radial handpiece is minimalist design at its best. Excellent damping during pressure wave generation reduces handpiece vibrations. As a result, the MASTERPULS® ONE is approved for operation far longer than a working day, longer than many other radial pressure wave systems available today. Thanks to its light-weight design and ergonomic shape, the SPARROW® handpiece ensures effortless handling and treatment. The handpiece can be serviced directly by the user, which saves costs.
- Energy input over large tissue areas
- Light-weight design and minimal vibrations
- Effortless treatment
- Reliable and cost-effective
Transmitters and handpiece replacement
The treatment result is decisively determined by the quality and efficiency of pressure wave transmission based on the specific disorder to be treated. In addition to the D20-S transmitter delivered with the SPARROW® handpiece, other optional transmitters are available: R15, C15, DI15 and D20-T. These transmitters have been used with great success for many years on various systems in STORZ MEDICAL’s MASTERPULS® line. They are ideal for the treatment of all typical pressure wave indications such as tendinopathy, heel and shoulder pain, myofascial trigger points or fascia treatment. The simple snap-in connection enables quick and easy replacement of the handpiece, using different transmitters.
- Proven transmitters for different indications
- Simple transmitter replacement
- Snap-in connection for handpiece replacement
- Various optional handpiece colours
Mode of action of radial pressure waves
The mechanical action of pressure waves in tissue stimulates the nervous system and causes nitric oxide and other messenger substances to be released. The effects produced in this manner include improved metabolism and angiogenesis and the release of vascular endothelial growth factors. All these effects may eventually reduce chronic pain. Typical indications:
- Calcific tendinitis
- Lateral/medial epicondylitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Patellar tendinitis
- Tibial stress syndrome
- Trochanteric tendinopathy
- Trigger points: cervical syndrome
- Trigger points: dorsalgia
- Trigger points: forearm muscles
- Trigger points: lumbago
- Trigger points: shortened calf muscles
- Trigger points: thigh adductors